On this page you can find up to date information on employment opportunities with the LSRA. Links to all active competitions will be available here.
The Legal Services Regulatory Authority is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified Legal Advisor who will play a key role in the delivery of our statutory functions.
The Role of the Legal Advisor:
The Legal Advisor will work in the Legal Services and Regulation Unit reporting to the Head of the Legal Services, Levy and Registration Department. The Legal Advisor will be responsible for a challenging volume and range of legal advice tasks, on both a responsive and project basis. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a small team and also on their own initiative.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Amongst the duties assigned to the role, the Legal Advisor will be responsible for:
– Providing practical, sound and timely legal advice on various aspects relating to the Authority’s role under the Legal Services Regulation Act 2015 and the Regulations made pursuant to it;
– Providing general in-house legal advice and support as is typically required in a public sector organisation (to include on data protection, freedom of information, protected disclosures, anti-money laundering legislation and procurement law);
– Advising on and managing litigation files;
– Drafting and reviewing Regulations, guidance and other documents to ensure all information is current, legally accurate and clear;
– Undertaking any duties that may be assigned by the Head of Legal Services.
Candidate booklet and application form – English
The Legal Advisor Application Form is available in English here (Word document)
The Legal Advisor Candidate booklet is available in English here (PDF)
Candidate booklet and application form – Irish
The Legal Advisor Application Form is available in Irish here (Word document)
The Legal Advisor Candidate booklet is available in Irish here (PDF)
Candidates should complete all sections of the Application Form and send it by email to [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm on 18 March 2021